Rick’s Picks is located in downtown Pleasanton & Danville. We are one of the East Bay’s most popular deep discount closeout stores. We specialize in selling upscale brand name products at 40% – 80% off regular retail. We sell home décor, housewares, toys, books, cd’s, candles, furniture, bedding and much much more! Working in downtown Pleasanton & Danville is a great location and our customers are very pleasant which makes your day even better! We are conveniently located. See www.rickspicks.biz
SUPERVSIOR – THIRD KEY Part Time
This is currently a part time position but will evolve into a full time position over time.
We are looking for a mature, responsible, detail oriented self starter to join our staff. This individual must understand how to provide outstanding customer service while also having superior selling skills. We have recently started selling furniture at fantastic prices so a successful background in selling big ticket items is a plus.
This position will report directly to the Assistant Manager and Owner of this business.
This position will initially be approximately 20 – 30 hours (3-5 days per week). The ability to have a flexible schedule is important. Typical shifts may be 11:00am — 3:00pm on a weekday, 10:00 AM – 3:00, or a closing shift of 3:30 PM – 8:30 PM. Working some Saturdays and or Sundays is also mandatory. This means that one week you may work a Saturday, another week it may be a Sunday. You will also have a weekend OFF about every 4th weekend.
Merchandising is a major part of this job. This includes processing new product orders accurately and timely, de-boxing products, pricing, and setting up displays on the sales floor. You will also be responsible for merchandising the entire store and display of front windows. This includes planning large floor moves, consolidating and general cleaning and organization of merchandise, being creative with product themes, understanding how to work with colors.
• Able to provide outstanding customer service on a daily basis.
• Highly organized, ability to create list of action points and get them done on a daily basis.
• Ability to work on your own
• Should be personable and outgoing.
• Display skills -like to decorate. Ability to suggest merchandising ideas to owner and implement
• Loves to find a bargain! We are a store filled with high quality bargains.
• Does not mind processing shipments, pricing merchandise and setting up displays.
• Working evenings and weekends are a must.
• Ability to be on your feet throughout the day (on the sales floor).
• Ability to lift up to a 40 pound box
• Unload boxes from truck as required
If you think you can make a tremendous addition to our team then please respond to this job posting. Please email cover letter and resume.
Compensation is based on your experience level. Hourly wage plus bonus and or commission. Generous employee discount.
Information about Rick’s Picks